Friday, June 5, 2009

Pros and cons about being a grownup....sort of

                                                                               
It's not that I am ragging on being 21. It's great. I love 21. Its a nice number and I think there are lots of good people in the world associated with it. There are just some things that I wish weren't involved with being 21. But with the good comes the not so good. Because I know the whole world cares, here's a list of them.

Pro: I can drive a car
Con: I have to pay for gas

Pro: I go to University!!!
Con: I have to pay for textbooks and fees 

Pro: I have a lot more freedom to do what I want
Con: ... okay, that one is pretty cool.

Pro: Many of my good friends are getting married!
Con: Many of my good friends are getting married...

Pro: I can legally drink
Con: I don't drink...I guess the idea that I have that freedom is good...I think?

Pro: I could pick up and travel anywhere in the world I want to.
Con: Swine Flu.

Overall, I can't complain. I mean, all he good things about being a kid are still at my fingertips, I just have a bigger world to play in. I still love blowing bubbles, riding my bike, making a mess out of messy food, taking naps, reading a good book, sitting next to the fire with my parents, and other cheezy cliche things like that. 

I guess the important thing is just making sure you go out and grow and explore the world, but keep the good things that you learn. Because honestly, who wouldn't feel better after a stressful day at work if we could take a nap and finger paint?

No comments: