Friday, November 27, 2009

gratitude |ˈgratəˌt(y)oōd|



Well, it's my first Thanksgiving home since I came back from Canada and there is much to be thankful for. I'm nearing my year mark back home and I have many things I've done that I'm proud of but more importantly, people that I have met who have been there for me. I owe these people many thanks and deeply indebted to them. Among those people, (who are to many to name here) I have created a list of other things I am indeed grateful for. It's amazing to see what you have put down, and once the list has begun, I have been able to see how truly blessed my life is.


  • I'm thankful for my friends, old and new. I have met some amazing people this past year who I now count as some of my dearest friends. They have helped me when I was a lost freshmen, they have guided me during rehearsals for plays with loving comments and friendly camaraderie. They have been colleagues, old mission companions, teachers, ward members, workmates, and general friends. I can do nothing with them, and being with them and feeling an overwhelming joy knowing I am sharing my life with such talented, caring, and creative people.                                       
  • I'm thankful that I've found my passion in life. I have talked with many people about schooling and it has surprised me to learn that many of them are still wondering what they want to do with their future. By no means do I think this a fault on their part, but I am glad I have found from an early age what I want to do with my life and what my calling is. It's what keeps me going when things are tough, it's what helps me look forward to each day, and I'm glad I have been blessed enough to be able to find that.
  • I'm also thankful for my limits. I'm discovering more and more about myself everyday in pursuing my studies as an actor and I'm learning what I can do, what I can't do, and what I haven't yet done.  It's liberating to know what forces restrain me and which ones I can conquer. By knowing what is beyond me, I can find ways around it to other doors that are open. 
  • I'm thankful for my parents and family. The older I get, the more I realize my parents are right about everything they've taught me. I've also learned that the most important people in my life are those I have been raised with. No amount of learning, money, fame, or acclimations can replace the people I am proud to call brother, sister, father and mother.
  • I'm also thankful for the really small things I have around me. Sorry, for getting all puppies and sunshine, but its true. Little things like a nice cup of herbal tea, christmas lights, Sammy's pie shakes, a good book, good plays, good movies, good music, my bike, a fresh harvest from the garden, my walnut trees, and other things like that.
Its good to be alive and able to experience a life thats so rich and full of beauty. Life is good.

No comments: